Election Day

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

Election Day

by sivaelectric » Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 am
Following a state wide boom in voter registration and participation, Lakeview' election board claimed that the increased participation in its precinct resulted from the new busing campaign that brought many voter to their neighborhood polling station on the Election Day.

Which of the following, if it could be carried out, would be most useful in an evaluation of Lakeview' assessment of the causes of the increased voter participation in its precinct?
  • A.Determining the average increase in voter participation in each neighborhood of Lakeview.
    B.Sing polling data to predict the participation rates for the upcoming election in Lakeview' Precinct.
    C.Comparing the total number of voters participating when the busing campaign brought them to their neighborhood polling station to the total number of voters participating before the busing campaign.
    D.Comparing the increase in voter participation in Lakeview to the increase in participation in precincts demographically similar to Lakeview that did not implement busing campaigns.
    E.Comparing the long-term impact of the busing campaign on Lakeview's voter registration patterns with the short term impact of the busing campaign on Lakeview' voter participation.
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Sun May 29, 2011 1:40 pm
confused between A & D. What's the OA?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hardikm » Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 pm
IMO D

by sivaelectric » Sun May 29, 2011 8:24 pm
OA D.

@Cans, can you please explain why you think the answer may be A.
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Sun May 29, 2011 9:52 pm
I thought A because if we get avg increase in other areas also, we can compare it with LAkeview's and thus see whether increase is because of high awareness or some other reason.
But as I am writing the above reason, I can find many loopholes in it myself. :D
So i guess D is the correct one..

by sivaelectric » Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 pm
:) well done ;)