DS dilemma :(

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

DS dilemma :(

by tan_c » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:11 am
i've been solving the OG DS in parts and reached ques 120 with an accuracy of 85-90%. i thought this was a decent accuracy till i reached the questions after 120. i seem to have gone blank in DS and can barely solve the problems. i tried solving around 10 questions after 120, but i was lost while trying to solve them. i am not too bad in quant and score between 47-50 in the mock CATS. but this DS seems way out of my league. in fact, i guess i found the DS on the MGMAT CATs to be easier than the questions after 120.
i've just solved questions from 120-130, so i don't know the difficulty of questions after that. the 120-130 lot was so horrible that i'm scared to proceed further. :(

anyone else who had the same problems in DS?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 am
tan_c wrote:i've been solving the OG DS in parts and reached ques 120 with an accuracy of 85-90%. i thought this was a decent accuracy till i reached the questions after 120. i seem to have gone blank in DS and can barely solve the problems. i tried solving around 10 questions after 120, but i was lost while trying to solve them. i am not too bad in quant and score between 47-50 in the mock CATS. but this DS seems way out of my league. in fact, i guess i found the DS on the MGMAT CATs to be easier than the questions after 120.
i've just solved questions from 120-130, so i don't know the difficulty of questions after that. the 120-130 lot was so horrible that i'm scared to proceed further. :(

anyone else who had the same problems in DS?
For the most part, the questions in the OG are arranged in ascending order of difficulty, so they'll continue to get more difficult.

When it comes to your difficulties with DS questions, try not to worry; everyone struggles with these kinds of questions at first. They're like no other question type out there.

If you're looking for additional help with DS, I created a comprehensive series of free videos on the subject. You can find them at: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat-data-sufficiency

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by tan_c » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:00 pm
hey!
i completed my OG DS set and found that the problems after 130 were much easier than the ones between 120-130. i guess the reason for my difficulties was that i wasn't concentrating hard enough while solving the 120-130 lot. i solved the others after a good night's sleep and could solve them better.

thanks a lot for the videos! i found them really helpful. :D