Download GMAT questions with Expert solutions!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by klusener » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm
many many thanks papgust

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:710

by Maciek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 am
thank you experts for your excellent work!

Have many successes!

Maciej

by Maciek » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 am
hi all,

I am working hard on CR questions provided by papgust. Thank you for them.

Can you explain the solution for following CR question?

54.On completing both the course in experimental design and the developmental psychology course, Angela will have earned a degree in psychology. Since experimental design, which must be completed before taking developmental psychology, will not be offered until next term, it will be at least two terms before Angela gets her psychology degree.

If the statements above are all true, which one of the following must also be true?
(A) The developmental psychology course Angela needs to take requires two terms to complete.
(B) The course in experimental design is an easier course than the course in developmental psychology.
(C) There are no prerequisites for the course in experimental design.
(D) Anyone who earns a degree in psychology from the university Angela attends will have completed the course in experimental design.
(E) Once Angela completes the developmental psychology course, she will have earned a degree in psychology.

Answer: D

My answer was E.

I thought that answer D presents inductive generalization so it is not valid and not always must be true.

In turn, answer E presents partial argument without one condition - completing course in experimental design. According to author experimental design must be completed before taking developmental psychology. I commited probably a fallacy of affirming the consequent and thus I assumed that answer E is correct.

"On completing both the course in experimental design and the developmental psychology course, Angela will have earned a degree in psychology. " is this conditional argument?

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 am
Maciek,

This is not the right forum to post questions. I would suggest you to search for the question first and see if the explanations convince you. Otherwise, please post the question in "Critical Reasoning" forum. Help us maintaining the forum neat. Thank you!
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

by Maciek » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:16 am
papgust wrote:Maciek,

This is not the right forum to post questions. I would suggest you to search for the question first and see if the explanations convince you. Otherwise, please post the question in "Critical Reasoning" forum. Help us maintaining the forum neat. Thank you!
sorry & thank you

I have found it: https://www.beatthegmat.com/lsar-cr-psyc ... 39164.html

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Baten80 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm
papgust wrote:Hi folks,

I just received a heads up from Eric to share the documents with all the members here.

The documents contain Math (PS,DS) and CR questions, which are discussed in beatthegmat.com, with the best strategies, approaches and takeaways suggested by our Experts (To name a few - Stuart, Ian, Ron, Stacey, Testluv, Brent) and 700+ scoring members of BTG.

NOTE: CR document consists of few LSAT questions and approx. 3 to 5% of the CR questions DO NOT have explanations. You may try to search these questions in BTG again for good explanations.

Enjoy!!
Are the 300+ questions representative for actual GMAT

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:46 am
Baten80 wrote:
papgust wrote:Hi folks,

I just received a heads up from Eric to share the documents with all the members here.

The documents contain Math (PS,DS) and CR questions, which are discussed in beatthegmat.com, with the best strategies, approaches and takeaways suggested by our Experts (To name a few - Stuart, Ian, Ron, Stacey, Testluv, Brent) and 700+ scoring members of BTG.

NOTE: CR document consists of few LSAT questions and approx. 3 to 5% of the CR questions DO NOT have explanations. You may try to search these questions in BTG again for good explanations.

Enjoy!!
Are the 300+ questions representative for actual GMAT

Yes indeed!
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

by DoorMAT » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:55 am
Hey Thanks for the material......

Is there something like this available for SC........ I feel I need to get practice of Hard SC questions

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by purvi.gupta.g » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 pm
thanx a tonne!!!!!
ur notes r a saviour!!!

by ckjakky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 am
hey ,
I have a problem using in php format with adobe reader.
Is there anything i could do with it?

by nehs » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Thank You so much...It was useful!!!

by sumit111188 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am
thanks manh........doing grt job......keep going :)

by nishantvarma » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 am
thank you so much!!i m just getting started and i know that this will help me!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by winner's attitude » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:36 am
thanks for sharing this collection

do you have any collection of SC questions like this ? it wil be a great help

thanks

by dvp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 am
Thank you so much papguest.