Does AWA gets covered under 60-Day guide?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Does AWA gets covered under 60-Day guide?

by nvuppala » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 am
Hi Eric/Brenton,

I'm literally following this guide since the day 1 and I booked the test slot exactly 60 days after the day I started preparing.
I got 7 yrs of work experience, you can understand the gap with these subjects, fortunately I'm better if not best in Math.

Does this guide allocate time for AWA also? This is definitely my weak area. I know AWA doesn't come under the actual score but bschools consider this right.

I got around 35 days more. I finished Math concepts and half of SC. I'm able to spend around 2-4 hrs/day.

I'm bit worried whether I'm on track or not. I'm targeting 700-730

I'm following books: OG11, Kaplan Premier, Manhattan SC, Princeton verbal book and Obviously BeattheGmat website

I'm using Brenton's categorized Math pdf problems for OG11..Thanks Brenton

I observed the mistakes I'm doing so often till now:

1. Rushing
2. Careless errors

I'm working on those.

Please help me with your suggestions/tips for me to reach my goal.

And Thanks a lot for this guide, I got here when I was wondering for the right study plan on the internet based on my timelines.

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 am
Yes, the 60-day study guide also covers AWA!

Rushing and careless errors go hand in hand. If you practice, then use a timer - there's a built-in one in our quant and verbal forums. Try to set reasonable limits for yourself and if you feel like you're going too fast, make a conscious effort to slow down a bit. I know I had the same problem and eventually managed to make it go away by willing myself to slow down!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nvuppala » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Thanks Dana for the tip.
I think I shld even start using flash cards too to memorize the forumalae..

One more key point I felt highly needed is One should be able to identify the information available in the stmt, and use it based on the options given than blindly try to resolve just based on the stmt.