Do i stand a chance in the following programme

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:610
I am having 10+ yrs of work exp in IT field, currently working as a Technical Manager in a product company. I also have some very good consulting exp with 2 of the top Big 5 consulting firms (IBM and Capgemini). With a GMAT score of 610 and a GPA of 3.0 from University of Mumbai, India(Bachelor of Architecture), do i stand a chance to get into part time programme of

1)NYU Stern.
2)MIT Sloan
3)Kenan Flagel, UNC
4)GSB
5)Boston University

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:23 am
Hi -

Thank you for your inquiry. I don't believe every school on your list offers a part-time evening or weekend program (i.e. GSB, MIT Sloan).

Regarding those schools that do have part-time programs...
How many times have you taken the GMAT? If you have only taken it once, you may consider taking it again as your score is below the average or at the lower end of the 80% ranges for some of the schools you mentioned (i.e. NYU).

In addition, regarding your essays, making sure that you and your recommenders communicate that you are confident in your abilities to handle the rigor of the program on top of your professional responsibilities will be important.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:610

by rishi4you » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:11 pm
MIT Sloan does have the SDM course which is offered as full time, part time. I have taken the GMAT once and i am planning to take it again. I am targeting a 700+ this time with a renewed focus in verbal part. The other question which i had is it wise to a take part time or a Executive programme.