difference between reduce immunity and weaken immunity

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
Could some expert please tell me the difference between "reduce childrens immunity and weaken childrens immunity
Following is the explanation by Knewton , which i didnt understand at all
"To reduce" children's immunity means to decrease the amount of immunity they build up against diseases.
"To weaken" children's immunity means to decrease the strength of the immunity they build up against diseases. In other words, to reduce someone's immunity means to lower the amount of immunity that someone has built up (to reduce the amount of immunity they have). To weaken someone's immunity means to lower the strength of their immune system (to damage their existing immunity).
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by [email protected] » Sun May 29, 2011 5:35 am
Hello Mundasingh123. I solved this cr and eliminated all the options and was left with B and C. I chose B as B has the wording as 'can' and C option says that disinfectant will weaken the immune system which is not at all given in the stimulus. So my answer is B. Please reply is it right??

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:58 am
[email protected] wrote:Hello Mundasingh123. I solved this cr and eliminated all the options and was left with B and C. I chose B as B has the wording as 'can' and C option says that disinfectant will weaken the immune system which is not at all given in the stimulus. So my answer is B. Please reply is it right??
The thread, which corresponds to the particular CR that you are talking about , already has the OA posted on IT . I dont remember the OA because it has been such a long time since i posted the CR . The respective CR also has Ron's Reply reagrding the Validity of Option B
I Seek Explanations Not Answers