Did Quant get harder with the new pattern in GMAT (Feb, 09)?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi Guys,

Do you have any idea if the Quant section has gotten tougher than before.. My friend took GMAT in mid-March and he was told that the pattern was revised the previous month. He told me he felt that GMAT math was tougher than that of MGMAT, and had more questions that dealt with inequalitites + modulus in a single question. DS was tougher (probably more in nos. CR was tougher.

We all know that OG 12th Ed is about to be released. And, whenever GMAT revises pattern, the exam gets tougher.

So, can anyone of you confirm this news (by talking to your friends who have taken GMAT in the past 2 months)?

Thanks,
Last edited by kris_hansy on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kris_hansy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 pm
I think, the staff had told my friend that a new set of questions had been downloaded (rather than the pattern change). I am not sure, but will talk to him regarding this tomorrow.

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 am
GMAT 'pattern' is not changed.

But yes, they keep on changing question bank. They introduce new questions for evaluation (call it unscored questions ie. these wont count in test.) for some period. & once GMAC evaluate their difficulty level they become 'active'.