decision

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

decision

by popy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 am
hello friends,

well coming to the point directly i have attempted gmat 3 months back and scored very low, but i still dnt understand what went wrong despite my score levels above 550 in practice tests which i felt was far more difficult than the original test. now im in a dilemma that whether should i retake gmat or try for gre!!!!! guys plzz help me out i already wasted time

regards
anjani

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:85 members
GMAT Score:750

by tpr-becky » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 pm
Deciding between the GRE and the GMAT is a decision with many variables - the GRE is now a very different test from the GMAT - both tests use the same math information but there is no Data sufficiency on the GRE and the GRE has a section called the Quant comp which is similar but different. Also the GRE does not test english grammar but does test very esoteric vocabulary which is a different kind of studying.

Also, the interactivity of the tests is different. The GRE is adaptive after each section but you can move around between questions during an individual section. The GMAt, as you know, is answer or guess on each question.

That said, if the schools you are looking at take both exams the best thing to do is to take a practice of each one adn determine which you have a better aptitude for and then study for that one. They really are very different tests, even though they test similar subject matter.

Best of luck on your decision.
Becky
Master GMAT Instructor
The Princeton Review
Irvine, CA

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by popy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:52 am
Hello Becky,

Thank You for replying to my post! you provided me a good info ! i request you to answer me few more doubts regarding this. Firstly, im from a management background studying Bachelors of Business Administration thus im familiar with critical analysis part but poor in understanding math concepts. Secondly, Im planning to apply for an MS in Managemnt Information Sytsems and for this course both GRE and GMAT are accepted.At the beginning i chose for GMAT and it didnt go well and now im done with my BBA course so no time to waste!!! Waiting for more suggestions!!

Regards

Anjani

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:85 members
GMAT Score:750

by tpr-becky » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am
My best advice is to take a practice online GRE and another practice GMAT - both can be found for free at www.Princetonreview.com see which test you are more comfortable with adn which gives you the best results. Good Luck.
Becky
Master GMAT Instructor
The Princeton Review
Irvine, CA