Day 40 - still not getting the results I want

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am doing The 60 Day GMAT Study Guide and took the first GMATPrep test for the third time today. I scored a 600 (my first score was 580). I am aiming for a 700. My test day is May 14, so I will have two to three weeks after I am done with The 60 Day GMAT Study Guide for extra review. My goal is to take the GMAT before the changes.

Should I push forward or postpone my test date? If I postpone, I would prefer to take a class or try something different. I am open to any advice, and thank you in advance.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:20 members
GMAT Score:730

by penguinfoot » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 am
Hello GMATbeater12,

It's too early to decide on postponing the GMAT appointment. I would rather suggest you to evaluate your errors and timing on the GMATPrep test you just attempted. Make an Spreadsheet/Text on your errors and write a sentence about why have you committed the error. This will be useful for 2 things :

Firstly, Evaluating your weak areas and technique mistakes, if any.
Secondly, and most importantly, This will factor into your time division for practice for GMAT.

Do the error analysis and then work on your mistake for a week. Attempt another GMATPrep and let me know the result. If the result doesn't change - then yes - change your date and sign up for a class.

HTH!
Penguinfoot
"Hakunamatata" - No Worries.
Alma Mater: Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
Like my Post ? You can thank me now!