Daniel Bernoulli

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Daniel Bernoulli

by j_shreyans » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:21 am
Born and raised in Groningen, Netherlands, the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, was dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and also mathematical physics.

A) the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, was dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and also

B) Daniel Bernoulli, who was one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century as well as the father of modern hydrodynamics, dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and also

C) the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, which he dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and

D) Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, he dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and

E) Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and

OA E

I got this one right.

I eliminated option B because of WHO, but need a reason that why WHO is not required?

I eliminated option D because of HE, but need a reason that why HE is not required?

Please advise and correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Uva@90 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:02 pm
j_shreyans wrote:Born and raised in Groningen, Netherlands, the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, was dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and also mathematical physics.

A) the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, was dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and also

B) Daniel Bernoulli, who was one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century as well as the father of modern hydrodynamics, dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and also

C) the life of Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, which he dedicated to pioneering work in astronomy and

D) Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, he dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and

E) Daniel Bernoulli, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 18th century and the father of modern hydrodynamics, dedicated his life to pioneering work in astronomy and

OA E

I got this one right.

I eliminated option B because of WHO, but need a reason that why WHO is not required?

I eliminated option D because of HE, but need a reason that why HE is not required?

Please advise and correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
Hi,

Here is my try,

A) Usage of AND ALSO is redundancy.
B) same as above.
C) The phrase "Th life ..." i wrong.. since Life doesn't Born and raised . it is Daniel .
D) Usage of HE is wrong..
Daniel Bernoulli,...<modifying phrase>.........,he dedicated his life to ........
E) CORRECT

Thanks,
Regards,
Uva.
Known is a drop Unknown is an Ocean

Legendary Member

by j_shreyans » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:45 pm
Hi Uva ,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know that in option B why WHO is not required reason. Same as option D, why HE is not required, reason.

Experts please advise.

Thanks