CR Problem

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

CR Problem

by turbo jet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 am
17. Glen: An emphasis on law's purely procedural side produces a concern with personal rights that leads to the individual's indifference to society's welfare. Law's primary role should be to create virtuous citizens.
Sara: But such a role would encourage government to decide which modes of life are truly virtuous; that would be more dangerous than government's being overprotective of individuals' rights.
The dialogue provides the most support for the claim that Glen and Sara disagree about whether
(A) citizens can be assumed to be capable of making good choices without governmental interference
(B) virtuousness on the part of citizens is more important than the protection of citizens' rights
(C) there is an inherent danger in allowing government to decide what constitutes virtuous behavior among citizens
(D) an emphasis on law's purely procedural side results in government's being overprotective of citizens' rights
(E) the cultivation of virtue among citizens should be the primary role of law

[spoiler]OA:E[/spoiler]
Life is Tom; I am Jerry ;)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by tuanquang269 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 am
I confuse between D and E after eliminating A, B, and C. Can anyone help me out?