Couple scheduling questions

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Couple scheduling questions

by Kansonne » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm
Hi, All---

Just wanted to get some feedback on a couple scheduling issues:

I'm scheduled to take the GMAT for the first time on Nov 29th, 2007 and my first application deadline is Jan 7th, 2008. I've been concentrating my energies for the past 3 months on the GMAT, and have yet to begin the application essays.

1. If I don't achieve a score that I'm satisfied with, should I try to take it again, even though this second test would be scheduled very close to the application deadline?

2. Would there be any issue if I took the GMAT for a second time after the Jan 7th deadline is passed and then updated the school I'm applying to with my (hopefully) better score?

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Couple scheduling questions

by beatthegmat » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:04 pm
Kansonne wrote:Hi, All---

Just wanted to get some feedback on a couple scheduling issues:

I'm scheduled to take the GMAT for the first time on Nov 29th, 2007 and my first application deadline is Jan 7th, 2008. I've been concentrating my energies for the past 3 months on the GMAT, and have yet to begin the application essays.

1. If I don't achieve a score that I'm satisfied with, should I try to take it again, even though this second test would be scheduled very close to the application deadline?

2. Would there be any issue if I took the GMAT for a second time after the Jan 7th deadline is passed and then updated the school I'm applying to with my (hopefully) better score?

Thanks!
This is a tough call. If you wanted to re-take exam, then it might be difficult for you to simultaneously write your applications while studying for the test again. It's certainly do-able, but just be prepared to work hard if this scenario happens.

With regard to your second question, you need to check with each school you apply to on their policy of accepting late GMAT scores. This policy can vary by school.

All the best!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school