confidence shaken!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

confidence shaken!

by angela22 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 am
I take the GMAT in 2 days and I'm completely confused as to where I stand. I thought I've been making good progress over that last few months (yes MONTHS!). I started with a blind score of 540, then after finishing Veritas On Demand i took another practice test and my score went down to 510! Freaked me out so I started really cracking open those books (Kaplan GMAT 800, Barrons, all OG reviews, etc.) and my scores started to consistently go up. My highest so far is 690 (not too bad). BUT this last week before the actual test I've been taking those Veritas CAT test and have been scoring back in the 500 range!! After bursting into tears (couldn't help it) I decided to get back on the horse and take some more of those Veritas CAT tests and I'm still in the 500 range.

SO SCARED! IS THIS NORMAL???

Any advise would help.

Thanks,

Angela

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:770

by simplyjat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:45 am
Couple of Veritas tests should not shake you confidence. I don't know about Veritas, but the closest approximation of your real GMAT score is given by GMATPrep. Try GMATPrep and you will be to judge yourself better...
simplyjat

by Prasanna » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Dont lose your confidence. You have only two days to the test and the only prep you can do in the next two days, is to maintain your confidence and strength. You cannot prepare much in the last two days, it may make you nervous.

So remain calm and revise your material. Give your best shot at the exam and let us know how it goes. All the best :D

GMAT Score:680

by hemanth28 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:35 am
Did you take GMATprep test..and how much did you score in that exam?Your score will be closest to that.
Do not let your confidence down thats the most important thing.
GMAT First take :- 680
Getting the guns ready for second shot !!!
https://beatenbygmat.blocked

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by humeixia » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:19 am
Don't care too much about the scores you got. After all, they are practice tests, not real questions from GMAC.