Concerned about Quant Score

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Concerned about Quant Score

by Objectivo » Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm
Hi,
I did my GMAT today and got a 720 (Q44, V45). Obviously being in the 98th percentile for verbal is pretty great, but the more I think of it, the more I'm worried about my score for Quant (70th percentile)

I'm pretty concerned that it will be looked down on, especially since I already have a graduate degree in languages. It paints a picture of being mediocre with numbers, despite the fact that I'm looked at as "the numbers guy" at the office...

Any advise or any suggestions in terms of how I could develop an interesting story around those numbers? Is the Verbal score important to MBA programs anyway?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

Re: Concerned about Quant Score

by Linda Abraham » Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 pm
Objectivo wrote:Hi,
I did my GMAT today and got a 720 (Q44, V45). Obviously being in the 98th percentile for verbal is pretty great, but the more I think of it, the more I'm worried about my score for Quant (70th percentile)

I'm pretty concerned that it will be looked down on, especially since I already have a graduate degree in languages. It paints a picture of being mediocre with numbers, despite the fact that I'm looked at as "the numbers guy" at the office...

Any advise or any suggestions in terms of how I could develop an interesting story around those numbers? Is the Verbal score important to MBA programs anyway?
How have you done in quant classes in college? And when did you take them?

Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook