Comparisons problem

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Comparisons problem

by venkb » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm
Hi,

Is there a specific way by which i can attack the comparisons problem. In most cases i am able to narrow down to 2 of them, but almost most of the time select the wrong choice. In fact the correct answer is the other choice :(

Is there specific clues which i can look or spot in the question to narrow down on the correct choice?

Regards,
Venkat.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:31 pm
This is a complicated topic. There are parallelism requirements, comparatives vs. superlatives, etc. We spend about 45-60 minutes in class just on this one topic and have an entire chapter in our SC book dedicated to comparisons - so it's not something I can fully explain here. But there are definitely many rules and clues you can use to get to the right answer.

I am biased, of course, but I highly recommend you get our SC strategy guide. (Or you can find it in the bookstore and just read that chapter. Don't tell my boss I said that. :))
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:32 am
Stacey Koprince wrote: I am biased, of course, but I highly recommend you get our SC strategy guide. (Or you can find it in the bookstore and just read that chapter. Don't tell my boss I said that. :))
:lol: ha haa
Dear venkat,
You dont have your test tomorrow right?
then
the book is worth buying.

And i would suggest post the problems you have, I am sure people will come up with the strategies along with explanations....