choosing between Cranfield and IE

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

choosing between Cranfield and IE

by emanuelebormida » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 am
Hi everybody, I really need your help. I would like to attend a master in management next year. I find myself in the position to choose between IE and cranfield. I have seen all kinds of rankings but I cannot resolve to make a decision. can anybody help me in some way. please tell me what would be your choice and why and I will be very grateful:) have a nice day:)

Legendary Member
Followed by:85 members

by essaysnark » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:04 am
Hey emanuelebormida -

We always tell people that this is a very personal decision and it comes down to so many factors - career goals and school specialization, culture and fit, recruiting opportunities... These are both good schools for sure. However, we **really** like IE based on our experiences with them. It is a more selective school and they're working to push the envelope with their programs, at least on the MBA side. We're assuming that it's the same story with them in the MiM department too. We simply don't have enough firsthand experience with Cranfield to offer the same level of enthusiasm; we don't see that many people who are targeting them so we just don't know. We do know that they're a quality institution so this comment is in no way dissing Cranfield; we're just saying that we really like IE!!

There's many many angles to explore of course and as we said, it's a very individual decision. From your handle it looks like maybe you're Spanish, in which case, going to school outside your home country could be a very good experience that opens doors. Certainly the economy in Spain isn't the greatest, right? It all depends on what you want out of the education and what type of opportunities you intend to pursue from there.

You can't go wrong with either!

Please come back and let us know what you end up deciding. :-)

EssaySnark
EssaySnark has MBA application guides for HBS, Stanford, Booth, Wharton, NYU and pretty much any other school you can name - including a fully revised and expanded 2015 Columbia essay guide!
https://essaysnark.com/bookstore/
The Indians' Guide to Getting In maps out everything you need to evaluate your own profile and select your schools. https://essaysnark.com/ssguide/quicksnar ... ans-guide/
MILITARY CANDIDATES! We've got some pro bono offers just for you: https://essaysnark.com/military-mba/
Follow EssaySnark on Twitter!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by emanuelebormida » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 am
Thanks, essaysnark. your post is very helpful. I know both are high quality schools and that's what the decision hard. i will let you know my final decision.