Campaign Spending

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:47 members

Campaign Spending

by komal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm
To tackle the issue of Congressional campaign spending is becoming embroiled in a war which is raging between those who support public financing with those who would lift the limits on the amount political parties and individuals may donate.

(A) becoming embroiled in a war which is raging between those who support public financing with
(B) becoming embroiled in a war raging among those who support public financing with
(C) to become embroiled in a war raging between those who support public financing and
(D) to become embroiled in a war which is raging among those who support public financing and
(E) becoming embroiled in a war raging between those who support public financing and

OA C

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm
i chose E... i thought there was a trend happening there... guess i need to brush up on infinitives
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

by reply2spg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm
idiom between X and Y or Among X and Y....between for two, among is for more than Two. Here we are talking about two groups (hose who support public financing and those who would lift the limits on the amount political parties).

Down to C and E. E is out because of becoming non ||el....To tackle is to become correct. Therefore, C
komal wrote:To tackle the issue of Congressional campaign spending is becoming embroiled in a war which is raging between those who support public financing with those who would lift the limits on the amount political parties and individuals may donate.

(A) becoming embroiled in a war which is raging between those who support public financing with
(B) becoming embroiled in a war raging among those who support public financing with
(C) to become embroiled in a war raging between those who support public financing and
(D) to become embroiled in a war which is raging among those who support public financing and
(E) becoming embroiled in a war raging between those who support public financing and

OA C

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by joshi.v123 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 pm
I am not convinced with the the OA and the explanation, Could some body please elaborate why E is wrong and C is correct.
Thanks,
VJ

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by gauravgundal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:35 pm
Hi,
Whenever there is a verb such as is ,are..
Check the parallelism on both side of the verb .