Best MBA books to buy

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Best MBA books to buy

by GMAT? » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Hi all,

I'm about to start filling out applications for the top two MBA programs in Europe - Insead and LBS. I am wondering which books I should buy as a guide to filling in applications [e.g. essay advice, recommendations advice, CV advice, etc].

I want to buy 2 books.

Do European schools assess essays different. Are essays for European schools more conservative comapared to US schools. I know from friends that H/W/S want up very beat essays, etc.

Thansk for your help

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 am
I am not big on books because they tend to be very general, so beware of taking anything too literally. No one rule can apply to everyone. Here are the ones I have heard are good:
Montauk's How to get into the Top B-schools
Bschool Essays that Made a Difference by Princeton Review
I personally very much like: Marketing Yourself to the Top Bschools by the Carpenters. It is old, but they emphasize marketing, which is the approach that I use as well. It is also readable - it's not so big that it is completely overwhelming.

All schools are different and unique in their own way. However, there are certain themes of leadership, initiative, teamwork, etc... that will be important to all of the top schools - European, American, wherever...

Good luck!
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me