BC vs GW

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

BC vs GW

by mcconnec » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 am
Happy New Year all. I was recently accepted into the full time MBA programs at both GW and BC and I'm having a tough time deciding. I've been an agency trader for the last four years in New York and am looking to get into Management Consulting on the capital markets side of things helping broker dealers fuse technology and capital together.

From what I've read from dicussions on this site and beatthegmat.com is that BC isn't a bad program if you want to graduate with a plain vanilia corporate finance job and live in the Boston making $85k/year. But that if your interested in getting Management Consulting, VC, PE, or I-banking that there's next to no opportuntities do so. I've also heard the career services center is kind of a joke. And while a bunch of BC grads may be on Wall Street, doesn't seem like to many of them live in Manhattan.

On GW, I've read that it's located in a great area and attracts a fun class but that career services is also garbage and that many of the high finance jobs are out of the picture as well. However, I went to a GW alumni/prosepective student event in NYC and there are definitely a bunch of GW MBAs living and working in Manhattan with good jobs. THe GW admissions team went out of their way to say that their salary statistics were deflated because of the number of people going into the public sector but I wonder how much of that is true and what kind of finance jobs GW grads are getting.

I like DC more than Boston but getting into the career I want means the most. Thanks for your time and advice people.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 am
Some of the decision comes down to what you want to do. Have you figured that part out?
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review