B-School application...Please Evaluate and Help!!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hey!

5 years of total work experience. 1 year in the financial services industry as an analyst and 4 years as a Senior Manager- Business Development & Strategy at a diversified firm with interests in Textiles, Power and Higher education (most recent job)

GMAT- 720

Cardiff University, Business School. BSc in Accounting & Finance. Upper 2.1 Degree. Topped year 1 and scored a first class in both year 1 and 2 but because of my dads death in my final year had issues with my final year grades. Graduated in 2008

Current Age- 26

Treasurer of the Indian society at the B-school. Developed the Corporate social responsibility charter for my current firm with focus on education and sanitation. Working with the biggest environmental NGO in India on part time basis.

Target Schools- INSEAD, LBS, ISB, Darden, Nanyang, NUS, Cambridge, IMD,

Reason for pursuing an MBA is to change field of work. Post MBA goal is to move into Strategy Consulting.

I realize that my overall stats might not look too impressive considering my target schools but I am sure that through my essays I will be able to tell/show the admissions team that I am a strong contender for a spot at their Business School.

Please advise

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by batrichie93 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:24 pm
Hey,
good to see your education details up till now.
but for the more of your benefits you could also check some more business school like Amity Business school which has being ranking amongst India also with good faculty and urban infrastructure, with more specializations.