12. IE
13. IMD
14. HKUST
15. HEC Paris

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:20 am
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to recommend this interesting article on FT.com regarding MBA costs and value-for-money, with a comparison between USA and Europe: https://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/f6696828 ... z40JPe648P

by Michelle@ARINGO » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 am
US News published updated US business schools rankings yesterday:
1. Harvard
2&3. Stanford, Chicago Booth
4. Wharton
5&6. MIT Sloan, Kellogg
7. Berkeley Haas
8&9. Tuck, Yale
10. Columbia
11. Darden
12&13. Duke, Michigan
14. Cornell
15. UCLA

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Gaurav_gupta8 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:42 am
Hi Aringo,

I will be giving GMAT by Nov end.

Earlier,I got the GMAT score of 640.

With 5.6 Years of Work Experience in Finance domain in companies like EY,Genpact India and XL Catlin,Do I stand a good chance of getting into Sauder,Canada or Schulich,Canada in case I end up with a score of around 650-660.

Academics :

MBA -Finance & Marketing (6.8 CGPA)
B.Tech - 7.2 CGPA

The reason of going for a second MBA is that I am more interested in Consulting in Finance domain and second MBA can help me in achieving the same.

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:32 am
Gaurav_gupta8 wrote:Hi Aringo,

I will be giving GMAT by Nov end.

Earlier,I got the GMAT score of 640.

With 5.6 Years of Work Experience in Finance domain in companies like EY,Genpact India and XL Catlin,Do I stand a good chance of getting into Sauder,Canada or Schulich,Canada in case I end up with a score of around 650-660.

Academics :

MBA -Finance & Marketing (6.8 CGPA)
B.Tech - 7.2 CGPA

The reason of going for a second MBA is that I am more interested in Consulting in Finance domain and second MBA can help me in achieving the same.
It's hard to know for sure, as I am missing some details from your profile but I would say that you have a chance if you get a result in the upper range of what you mentioned, if everything else in your profile looks good. (You can see all the factors that are likely to play a part here: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/)

If you would want us to do a more comprehensive profile review where we look at your entire profile you are welcome to fill in the form for a free profile evaluation on ARINGO's website.

I am sure that you know that as an Indian applicant you will be compared to other Indian applicants, many of whom have very high GMAT scores so if you do indeed get a 660, it is vital that you find something that helps you stand out from the crowd in your profile as a whole and don't just rely on the score itself as that will most likely not be what gets you in.

Good luck!
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

by nameisashish » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:47 pm
Hi,

Appreciate if you could please comment on my chances

a) I am 33 years old Aussie with 10 years of management/technology consulting experience(already an MBA,did 10 years ago). Have strong reasons for doing MBA again.

b) Have 8 years of international work ex in leadership positions in US, Europe, Australia, NZ, India, India,APAC.
c) Good extra curriculars with volunteering experience of 10 years internatioanlly.. Also travel,cooking and diverse experience
d) Sound career goals to change function from consulting to Industry in same industry(technology)
e) 5 promotions with strong career growth and good resume
f) Recommendations from current and previous supervisor
g) GMAT of 710 (Q 78% V 85%)
h) Have worked 4 months on getting good stories built in essays

I am looking to work in US or Europe ,so changing the geography is also the motivation.

I am thinking of applying for

LBS, INSEAD, Kellogg( 1 year), MIT, IMD programs

Please comment on my chances for this college, already spoken to them about my age and they all said age is not the restriction provided I have good career goals and reasons to do MBA again. Well I cant take theie word as it is but at the moment that is the only guideline I have.

Thanks for your help !

Cheers!

by Michelle@ARINGO » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:03 pm
nameisashish wrote:Hi,

Appreciate if you could please comment on my chances

a) I am 33 years old Aussie with 10 years of management/technology consulting experience(already an MBA,did 10 years ago). Have strong reasons for doing MBA again.

b) Have 8 years of international work ex in leadership positions in US, Europe, Australia, NZ, India, India,APAC.
c) Good extra curriculars with volunteering experience of 10 years internatioanlly.. Also travel,cooking and diverse experience
d) Sound career goals to change function from consulting to Industry in same industry(technology)
e) 5 promotions with strong career growth and good resume
f) Recommendations from current and previous supervisor
g) GMAT of 710 (Q 78% V 85%)
h) Have worked 4 months on getting good stories built in essays

I am looking to work in US or Europe ,so changing the geography is also the motivation.

I am thinking of applying for

LBS, INSEAD, Kellogg( 1 year), MIT, IMD programs

Please comment on my chances for this college, already spoken to them about my age and they all said age is not the restriction provided I have good career goals and reasons to do MBA again. Well I cant take theie word as it is but at the moment that is the only guideline I have.

Thanks for your help !

Cheers!
Hi there!

You have a well rounded and interesting profile in my opinion, with excellent extracurriculars, international exposure and work experience in particular so if your essays really are good, your chances should be good for all the schools you mentioned. Make sure you give the essays your all basically and feel free to let us know if you would like any help with that part!

(And yes, age is usually less of an issue if there is a compelling reason to do an MBA, ARINGO has worked with many clients your age or older who have been admitted to top schools, including some of the ones you mentioned, so I would not worry too much about that if I were you)

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

by nameisashish » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:43 pm
Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for your reply. My only other concern is that my previous undergrad institution and post grad are outside top 20 in the country but my GPA is 4 in both of them. Do you think this will have any impact when am competing against guys who did undergrad from stanford,oxford etc.

Also INSEAD and LBS are my reapplications as I improved my GMAT from 650 to 710 from last time, do you think both these colleges will entertain me more from last time( specially for LBS my whole application is improved CV, essays and GMAT etc)

Thanks for your help !

Cheers!

GMAT Score:730

by hemansan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:52 pm
Hi Michelle,

I am a married male, Indian, from Software Industry. I will have total 10 years experience in June 2017.
I am working as manager for last 4 yrs, and planning to apply for MBA.

I have done MS from one of the top colleges from India with 8.3 / 10 GPA.
My managerial experience has been in mobile app development where I have worked with startups to develop their products.
I have also tried to start two businesses unsuccessfully where I had built the products and got some traction as well.

Among extracurricuIar activities, I have done volunteer work in the NGOs.

I was thinking of applying to Stanford MsX, MIT, Cornell Tech, Cornell Johnson, UT Austin, and University of South California.

Can you please suggest my chances in these schools and any other good options for me ?

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:47 pm
nameisashish wrote:Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for your reply. My only other concern is that my previous undergrad institution and post grad are outside top 20 in the country but my GPA is 4 in both of them. Do you think this will have any impact when am competing against guys who did undergrad from stanford,oxford etc.

Also INSEAD and LBS are my reapplications as I improved my GMAT from 650 to 710 from last time, do you think both these colleges will entertain me more from last time( specially for LBS my whole application is improved CV, essays and GMAT etc)

Thanks for your help !

Cheers!
I would not be too concerned about the first part, the institutions are only one part of the puzzle so if you are able to submit excellent essays etc. I don't think that will keep you out. It's just one factor in your application and in my experience not one of the more important ones.

The second thing you wrote is more worrying, however. Why is the application only significantly better for LBS and not for INSEAD? If both are reapplications, you would need to show improvements for both schools. Your GMAT score did improve significantly, which will surely help but would suggest you see if you can improve other things for INSEAD as well.

Also, getting professional help is often recommended for reapplicants in particular. Just something to keep in mind should you be open to the idea...

All in all, I think you are in good shape but would suggest you look over essays carefully since you are reapplying. Keep in mind that INSEAD is not considered one of the more reapplicant friendly schools out there (LBS is generally more positive towards reapplicants).

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm
hemansan wrote:Hi Michelle,

I am a married male, Indian, from Software Industry. I will have total 10 years experience in June 2017.

My managerial experience has been in mobile app development where I have worked with startups to develop their products.
I have also tried to start two businesses unsuccessfully where I had built the products and got some traction as well.

I was thinking of applying to Stanford MsX, MIT, Cornell Tech, Cornell Johnson, UT Austin, and University of South California.

Can you please suggest my chances in these schools and any other good options for me ?
Hi and thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately I am missing quite a bit of relevant information here, especially as some of the schools you've mentioned are very competitive. So based on the information given I can't really answer that at this point.

Some of the information missing that I would need is of course your GMAT score, understanding if and how often you were promoted, what those NGOs are and what you role there is etc.

Therefore, I would suggest you request a free profile evaluation on https://aringo.com/. We would be happy to give you a proper evaluation once we have all the information we need but with so many pieces missing anything I tell you right now would probably not be correct.

by nameisashish » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:10 am
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Actually why i said my application has improved significantly is because I rushed my previous LBS application in round 3(only had a week to prepare),still do not understand why i did that.My GMAT was 650 and CV, essays were way below standard.

After submitting my LBS application I prepared well to improve my CV ,essays for INSEAD and spent around 3 months preparing for same.The end result was to my satisfaction. But I think reason my application failed in INSEAD is not because of essays but my poor GMAT score and FT rankings which led to 60% increase in application. I am pretty sure admissions did not even look into my essays and rejected me with first GMAT hurdle.

So, I learned my lesson and improved my GMAT and worked on my reapplication essay and with the responses I have from LBS am really hopeful. for INSEAD am just hoping with my improved GMAT score they will at least look into my essays and get insights into my application. Have to say INSEAD response is not encouraging at all for reapplication but am persistent and this is how I have been all my life :)

Good thing is I am applying to them in Round 2 so just having a good feeling about the applications this time.

Keeping fingers crossed and thanks so much for your encouraging response and your help in evaluating my profile.

Will keep you posted !

Cheers!

by Michelle@ARINGO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:32 am
nameisashish wrote:Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Actually why i said my application has improved significantly is because I rushed my previous LBS application in round 3(only had a week to prepare),still do not understand why i did that.My GMAT was 650 and CV, essays were way below standard.

After submitting my LBS application I prepared well to improve my CV ,essays for INSEAD and spent around 3 months preparing for same.The end result was to my satisfaction. But I think reason my application failed in INSEAD is not because of essays but my poor GMAT score and FT rankings which led to 60% increase in application. I am pretty sure admissions did not even look into my essays and rejected me with first GMAT hurdle.

So, I learned my lesson and improved my GMAT and worked on my reapplication essay and with the responses I have from LBS am really hopeful. for INSEAD am just hoping with my improved GMAT score they will at least look into my essays and get insights into my application. Have to say INSEAD response is not encouraging at all for reapplication but am persistent and this is how I have been all my life :)

Good thing is I am applying to them in Round 2 so just having a good feeling about the applications this time.

Keeping fingers crossed and thanks so much for your encouraging response and your help in evaluating my profile.

Will keep you posted !

Cheers!
That does sound promising indeed! Wishing you all the best!

by nameisashish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 pm
and I got the invite from INSEAD,hope i don't waste it this time,so excited !!!!

GMAT Score:730

by hemansan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 pm
[quote="Michelle@ARINGO"][quote="hemansan"]Hi Michelle,

Can you please suggest my chances in these schools and any other good options for me ?[/quote]

Hi and thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately I am missing quite a bit of relevant information here, especially as some of the schools you've mentioned are very competitive. So based on the information given I can't really answer that at this point.

Some of the information missing that I would need is of course your GMAT score, understanding if and how often you were promoted, what those NGOs are and what you role there is etc.

Therefore, I would suggest you request a free profile evaluation on https://aringo.com/. We would be happy to give you a proper evaluation once we have all the information we need but with so many pieces missing anything I tell you right now would probably not be correct.[/quote]

Hi Michelle,
Sorry for late reply. I have got 730 in GMAT, 108 in TOEFL.
I am working in a startup and promoted twice in last 4 years.
I have been only participating in NGOs and did not have any active leadership roles there.
I had tried my own venture with a mobile app and website and had got 2000 downloads.
My undergraduate percentage are 66%, and Postgraduate score is 8.4 out of 10.
I am currently working as a Delivery Director in the app development company. I started as project manager here 4 years ago.
I have worked with clients/teams from every continent of the world, and lived in US for almost a year for company assignments.
I am 33 years old and married with a kid.

With this background, I am now looking for following schools:
Stanford
Duke
UT Austin
University of Michigan ROSS School of management
Carnegie Mellon
Uni. of Virginia Darden.
Indiana University Kelly School of management,

I wanted to know if these are the right (approachable) schools for me.
I was also looking for couple of schools where I could get admission with scholarship. It would be great if you have a suggestion or two for the same.

Thanks,
Hemant