Are the practice tests from the official TOEFL guide rated?

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:6 members
Hey there,

I just took the GMAT (Q50, V44, 760 overall, 5.5 AWA - will provide a debrief some time soon) and now need to take the TOEFL before I can finalize the B-school applications.
I wonder how much I really need to prepare after my GMAT journey.
Therefore I'd like to take a rated practice exam to know where I am currently at.

The official guide that I bought comes with 3 practice exams. However, I don't know whether they are rated or not. You can buy online practice exams that are rated by ETS's computer algorithms. However, if the tests that come with my book are free, I'd prefer to save the money.

=> Does anybody know if the practice tests from the book provide a score for the different sections?

Thank you,
Kevin

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by watchsmart » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:28 pm
The tests on the CD are rated for reading and listening. All of the textbooks that come with mock TOEFL software provide scores for those sections. Of course the speaking and writing sections are not rated since a human has to do that.

The practice tests on the official website DO provide you with a score for the speaking and writing sections. The price isn't too bad.
TOEFL Resources: Brand new Step-by-step guides and a free essay evaluation service.