Application Timing

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Application Timing

by sme0928 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Hi there,
I have a question regarding timing of my application. I am finishing up the Manhattan GMAT course, which ends on Nov 4. I would obviously like to give my self sufficient time to study after the course is over (this will be my 2nd and last attempt)

The USC part time (USC.PM) program is my #1 choice and I would like to start there in the Fall of 2010. I believe the USC part time application deadline is rolling through May 2010 for Fall 2010 start date.

My question is, when should I plan on taking the test to assure I get the rest of my application submitted and give myself the best chance of getting accepted?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated as I dont want to submit my app too late and compromise my chances of being accepted.

Thanks,
-Steve

by sme0928 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am
Any thoughts on this Lisa?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am
Dear Steve,

I think it would be best to aim to get your application submitted by end of December, January 15 at the latest. Depending on how you want to structure your time, you could focus solely on the GMAT and take the test by end of November. Then you would have December to devote to your application. Or, you could work on your application while preparing for your GMAT. The official score report usually takes about 2-3 weeks to get to the school after your test.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

by sme0928 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 am
Thank you very much for your comments Lisa. Right now, I plan on taking the test in Mid December (around 12/18). My plan is to have all the application completed with the exception of the essays, then devote about a month to the essays and get the full application submitted by Mid Jan. This seems to coincide with your suggestions.

Thanks Again
-Steve