Anyone use scorechase MGs VGs?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Anyone use scorechase MGs VGs?

by scoutkb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:23 am
Hey guys...has anyone used the MGs and VGs from www.scorechase.com? Are they worth the money?

Community Manager
Followed by:2 members

Other resources

by GCHall840 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:27 am
Hi scoutkb,
You sound just like me, always on the lookout for new GMAT prep resources. Right now, I am in the middle of the Manhattan GMAT online program. That in itself is a very intense thing to be working on. I do find myself looking for other ways to do certain kinds of math problems that I have trouble with. More often than not, if I go to other GMAT prep resources, they don't have anywhere near the explanation of that particular part of the content material like Manhattan GMAT does. And, I usually have problems with content material like that, only because I did not really focus in on what was in that chapter. I would not spend any more money on other new resources. I think most any GMAT oriented website or GMAT prep course basically presents the same material in a different format. Manhattan GMAT really is the only one with an intense, logical structure that gets you from Point A to Point B. But, in order to get there, you have to do everything that they put in that course syllabus. You can't leave anything out, either. I might add that one thing often builds on something else in their individual strategy guides, so that is why you can't skim over one thing and go to the next. That is what I mean by making sure that I focus on each "hint" that MG gives you in their content material. It is one lesson that took me awhile to figure out.
I also wanted to tell you that I did go to that website, just to look around. Of course, there were several postings on the first page about how certain people had scored over 700 on the GMAT. Once again, I think that a lot of websites that are designed to help people with the GMAT..and a lot of test prep companies..use those kinds of examples of people who score that high..as a way to get you to "buy" something from them. Accordingly, I think that you mentioned the fact that you had all of the Manhattan GMAT materials. So, I wouldn't go off and spend more money on some other GMAT prep resource. But, that is my opinion. Honestly too, I have spent lots of money on GMAT prep material before. And, until now, nothing else has ever really helped me at all. I do understand where you are coming from in spite of what I said to you just now. If you think that taking part in that works for you, then you can make that choice.
Greg

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by fsar45 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 am
I've never heard of that site!