Anyone negotiated with schools over scholarship offers?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi all, I'm a writer at Poets&Quants, working on an article about competition among business schools for students, and the increasing role scholarship funds are playing in that arena. I'm hoping to speak with MBA candidates at top 50 schools who had scholarship offers from multiple schools and were able to use one or more of those offers in negotiations to achieve matching or larger scholarships. I can be reached at 415.263.9196 or at ethanbaronmedia [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks! Ethan Baron

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:47 pm
I've definitely heard of students negotiating with schools over scholarship offers. I actually had one client who was successful in doing so. She had offers to two top ten schools. I counseled her to be very careful how she approached it and I think she took a good track of subtly dropping hints when she would speak hints when she would talk with people from the school that she had another offer. Eventually the school matched it.