Anand: Finalizing my University

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Anand: Finalizing my University

by Vamseeanand » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:29 pm
Hello Team,
I am in international applicant from India eager to pursue MBA in the US. I've applied and also secured an admission into the following universities with the respective scholarships:

1. Case Western Reserve University - 20% Scholarship
2. Baylor University - 90% Scholarship
3. University of Utah - 80% Scholarship
4. University of Connecticut - Admitted (I will know the Scholarship information in Second week of March!)

Now, I am confused as to which one I should choose. Going by pure financial burden I would incur, i understand that Baylor is my clear choice but I want to make an informed decision keeping the location, career prospects and MBA Student Exposure Opportunities in mind. My Area of Interest in MBA is Strategy and Marketing/ Information Systems.

Could someone please guide me based the factors I have mentioned above?

I will be eagerly awaiting your response since time is flying super fast to pay my initial tuition deposit.

Thank you ,
Best Regards,
Anand.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:51 pm
these schools are all in very different parts of the country, so I should spend time researching location, and local employment opportunities with each school. Check their career management resources etc. Is there a particular part of the country you prefer to study, and then work. Sorry for providing no real answer. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Vamseeanand » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 am
Hey Alex,
Thank you for the reply. Just to add to my post, Baylor is located in Texas and Case Western is located in Cleveland, Ohio. I have already visited the websites of the respective universities and to be honest both of them have equal employment opportunities (in terms of the placement rate, % of employed students etc.). But I do not have a clarity on which location would suit my career path. My preferred career field is Consulting. I wish to get into the Strategy or Marketing Areas in the Manufacturing / FMCG Sector.

Could you please guide me?

Thank you in advance :)

Best Regards,
Anand.