No votes
50%
50%
No votes

Total votes: 2

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Analysis of issue - please rate

by drgmatIL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:45 am
"Location has traditionally been the most important determinants of business's success. The importance of location is not likely to change, no matter how advanced the development of computer communications and others kinds of technology becomes"
------------------------
My Essay
----------------------
The question whether location has traditionally been the most important determinants of business's success has been often asked. In my opinion, location is indeed the most important determinant of business success's; it can depend most of the time on the company's market no matter how advanced the development of the computer communications.

The main reason for my view is that companies want to be close to their markets. For example, Google main objective for the next couple of years is china. As a result of this objective, google decide to open research and development center in china in order to deal better with the local market. Also, Microsoft decided few months ago to open its second innovation center in Israel due to the growing number of acquires in the last few years in Israel.

Another reason for my view is that technology still cannot replace face to face meetings no matter how the advanced the development of the computer communications is. Specifically, Israeli's startup companies locate their main offices in the silicon valley where the companies can have better connection with the companies investors. Admittedly, the startup companies locate their marketing and strategy division in United States because; they believe in close connection with their users and the press.

In conclusion, I agree that location has traditionally been the most important determinants of business's success. In my estimation, location will still be the traditionally most importnet determinants of business's success for the next couple of years.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by drgmatIL » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 am
someone please?