Additional score reports

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:760

Additional score reports

by towski » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:38 pm
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone (especially consultants) knows the answer to this question:
If I order additional score reports, will they be sent after my most recent test's official scores are reportable or will they be sent including all of my reportable scores up to that point?

i.e.
Took GMAT on 8/10 and received 730. Sent score report to HBS.
Took GMAT on 9/14 and received 760. Did NOT send score report to HBS.
Order 'additional score report' on 9/15.

What will that final score report look like?
Does it include both tests or just the first?
Do I need to wait until the 9/14 score is 'reportable' to order additional reports?

I have contacted GMAC about the issue, but they have not been entirely helpful. In their defense, I don't think they understood my question.

Thanks in Advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15 pm
Hey there,

Firstly, AMAZING scores mate! A 730 to a 760 just makes a great that much better - very well done!

To your question - the answer is really straight forward. Wait until the score is reportable. However, to apply you don't need an official score report. You need to self report. This is a quote from the HBS program on the issue:

"The GMAT or GRE is required by each round deadline. Unofficial scores are acceptable at the time of application, but every applicant must request to have their official score submitted to HBS. You do not need to have the results of the AWA section of the GMAT or GRE in order to apply; however, we do expect you to complete this portion of the exam and we will require an AWA score for anyone admitted to the program."

So on the application, state your latest score and then, once it's reportable, send it their way. Easy as pie!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!