Additional Practice Exams

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Additional Practice Exams

by 721tjm » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:41 pm
I recently purchased the MGMAT books. The guides and practice exams have been great so far. I wanted to see if it's possible to purchase additional practice tests from MGMAT, or, alternatively, if there's another provider that MGMAT would recommend for additional tests. Thanks a lot.
"Any more brain busters??" - Billy Madison

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by hja379 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm
721tjm wrote:I recently purchased the MGMAT books. The guides and practice exams have been great so far. I wanted to see if it's possible to purchase additional practice tests from MGMAT, or, alternatively, if there's another provider that MGMAT would recommend for additional tests. Thanks a lot.
The books come with 6 CATs. They don't offer additional exams. You can also see the poll on the forum for the best CATs.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:7 members

by mgmat-matt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 am
721tjm wrote:I recently purchased the MGMAT books. The guides and practice exams have been great so far. I wanted to see if it's possible to purchase additional practice tests from MGMAT, or, alternatively, if there's another provider that MGMAT would recommend for additional tests. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed our guides and practice exams!

I have a couple recommendations to help you find additional practice tests:

1. After you complete all 6 CAT exams, we are more than willing to reset them for you. Each set of 6 CAT exams pulls from a bank of 1200 questions. During each set of 6 you will see no repeat questions. Once we reset your CAT exams, you'll get another set of 6 but but the questions that had been frozen out of the question pool will be put back in. You will get a few repeat questions from your previous set, but most will be new since there are 1200 questions in the bank.

2. You can find 2 free full-length CAT exams on mba.com
https://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat/download ... onsoftware

One other thing to point out is that we don't suggest needing to use more than 8 exams during your studies. The best way to move forward is to really understand the content on the exam, and then based on that, analyze your strengths and weaknesses, work on them, and then, when you feel like you've made a significant improvement, move on to a practice exam. You can find some great resources for analyzing your performance on your tests here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/tags/study-tips/

Good luck with your studies!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT Representative