Additional Information Essay...Plz Help

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Additional Information Essay...Plz Help

by mba1986 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 pm
Hi Guys,

I basically got a 5.5/7 GPA in Australia at the University of Queensland. I sent it to WES and they converted it to a 3.4 GPA. I have a few questions with regards to this.
1) Do all schools follow this kind of valuation or are there huge disparities when it comes to this evaluation?
2) To be honest i don't believe my grades were great as i pretty much worked through college and since i shifted countries and was on my own by 17 i definitely lost focus for a while. Now i am completely confused as to whether i should write the additional info essay and give reasons for my weak gpa or is it not that bad to warrant an additional info essay?

Any help would be awesome..
Thanks
Arjun

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ashokkadam » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:00 am
Writing an additional info essay will not do any harm if it is adding a new dimension and giving unique value to your application.
arjunsekhar wrote:Hi Guys,

I basically got a 5.5/7 GPA in Australia at the University of Queensland. I sent it to WES and they converted it to a 3.4 GPA. I have a few questions with regards to this.
1) Do all schools follow this kind of valuation or are there huge disparities when it comes to this evaluation?
2) To be honest i don't believe my grades were great as i pretty much worked through college and since i shifted countries and was on my own by 17 i definitely lost focus for a while. Now i am completely confused as to whether i should write the additional info essay and give reasons for my weak gpa or is it not that bad to warrant an additional info essay?

Any help would be awesome..
Thanks
Arjun
Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.