A revolution

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

A revolution

by perfectstranger » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 am
7. A revolution has taken place in medical science as a result of the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs.

(A) the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs
(B) the introduction of new surgical implantation methods of human and artificial organs
(C) the surgical introduction of new artificial and human organ implantation methods
(D) the introduction of implantation methods of new artificial and human organs
(E) the introduction of methods of surgically implanting new artificial and human organs
Please do not post answers visibly . Please hide them or post them later after the discussion.

GMAT Score:770

by raghavsarathy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:40 am
IMO - A

B- "new surgical implantation methods " is not correct. new should be close to methods. "surgical implantatation" should not modufy "methods"

C - "surgical introduction" is wrong.
D, E - " new artificial and human organs ". "new" modifying organs is wrong

Basically , the methods are new. Hence A.

What is the OA ?

Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:710

Re: A revolution

by rahulg83 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:47 am
perfectstranger wrote:7. A revolution has taken place in medical science as a result of the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs.

(A) the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs
(B) the introduction of new surgical implantation methods of human and artificial organs
(C) the surgical introduction of new artificial and human organ implantation methods
(E) the introduction of methods of surgically implanting new artificial and human organs
[spoiler]A for me.
B absurd, methods of human and artificial organs??
C and D are also absurd, between A and E, E changes the meaning[/spoiler]

Followed by:1 members

by perfectstranger » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:58 am
This is Kaplan question OA [spoiler]: B[/spoiler]
Please do not post answers visibly . Please hide them or post them later after the discussion.

Legendary Member

by ketkoag » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:15 pm
perfectstranger wrote:This is Kaplan question OA [spoiler]: B[/spoiler]
what is the OE as here in this ques. i find no such issue with "human and artificial organs " but i would like to know what is wrong with A.. it is a bit weird but i don't seem any other reason to discard it..

by thetrystero » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:04 pm
7. A revolution has taken place in medical science as a result of the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs.

can't find anything wrong with this, although i feel (a) gets the point across more efficiently.
surgical modifies introduction
here, it says the organs are new, not the method
see (d)

My answer: A

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ousek » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:03 am
IMO: A

I wonder why B..
Fucking GMAT

Legendary Member

Re: A revolution

by real2008 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:34 am
perfectstranger wrote:7. A revolution has taken place in medical science as a result of the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting artificial and human organs.

i find A would sound better had it been - "the introduction of new methods of surgically implanting (surgical implanting) artificial and human organs"