720; Q49 V38

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

720; Q49 V38

by stmk407 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:08 pm
I just can't believe how i could drop from 50 to 49 in quantitive when i increased my verbal score from 27 to 38(My last preceedeing score was 640,Q50 V27). My GPA is low 2.50 so i think this GMAT score isn't enough to offset my GPA but i will try to do better.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

Re: 720; Q49 V38

by iamcste » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:14 pm
Great !!

GMAT was friendly to you in some way

Legendary Member
Followed by:25 members
GMAT Score:730

Re: 720; Q49 V38

by logitech » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:34 pm
stmk407 wrote:I just can't believe how i could drop from 50 to 49 in quantitive when i increased my verbal score from 27 to 38(My last preceedeing score was 640,Q50 V27). My GPA is low 2.50 so i think this GMAT score isn't enough to offset my GPA but i will try to do better.
I can not believe it either how your math score dropped 1 point.

Oh wait your Verbal score went up to 38.

Shit happens man. Re-take the test again and try to score 50 again this time.

Good luck!
LGTCH
---------------------
"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM!"

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:57 pm
Great GMAT score! Are you sure you need to re-take to offset your GPA? Maybe your time would be better spent focusing on apps...
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by stmk407 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:05 pm
beatthegmat wrote:Great GMAT score! Are you sure you need to re-take to offset your GPA? Maybe your time would be better spent focusing on apps...
Thnak you Eric i dont know that really so i will ask the schools about that if ther're convinced i wont take again but this site has been so helpful, thank you Eric for this.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:590

by rajibgmat » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:20 pm
Amazing score man. Plssss don't take it again. You can definitely concentrate on applications.

by stmk407 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:27 pm
And about how to work,
please and please don't study veritas, they're no different than rubbish, i am a non-native speaker but i found wrong answers on their free "CAT" exam. I esspecially mentioned CAT, because a CAT is adaptive, when you do right it should get harder. But even though i did a lot of correct in the 30th question they asked me something about simple aritmetic!
For verbal part official guides including 10 are perfect. They are invaluable. But for quantitive, esspecially if you are an engineer and did well in calculus in university, they are useless. I cant say for sure but the questions are like you will see when you get 30-38points.
Because of OG quantitive i got 550 on my first attempt! I am really angry about that still! The questions were so easy that i felt that i had to spend no time to study and thought there were no hard questions in GMAT quantitive. And in the exam when i was stucked at one question, i though that would be the only one so spent nearly more than 6 minutes:) Guess what i couldnt have time to do last 5 questions so i had to guess them.
I have never used material like Arco, Princeton Review so i cant say anything bad about them but i dont believe any other material could be helpful except OGs in verbal part but i still insist dont waste anytime in OGs quantitive if you are already stong at quantitive.
So what to study for q? There are many sites for that, i bought a couple of questions and they were much better than i expected. You can also find something from the materials needed for the exam of the entry to university, here in Turkey, the competition to entering university is extremely hard but i dont know it for everyone's country whether they have an entry exam to university.
Dont expect miracles! When i first took GMAT i said my mathematics is good my english is good so i should get a superb score and didnt study well, and then was shocked in the test center to see 550:) At my second attempt i took more seriously and took 640, with 50 quantitive 95th percentile. My aim was to raise it to 51 and 99th percentile but dont know what went wrong maybe i did some basic miscalculations (i often do that:) but was a bit said to see 49 because it was lower and if i could have risen for only 1 point i would get maybe 730 maybe 740 i don't know.
Good luck everyone!