720 (96th Percentile) - How I Beat The GMAT!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by doreen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am
Dear BEATTHEGMAT ,
I can see your post is from 2006. This post will have value for the next GMAT generations.
I now believe I can beat the GMAT. After just a couple of weeks being ininvolved in GMAT preparation and after many years being out of school I was almost there to give up the GMAT. Yesterday I did a first mock test after some preparations in a GMAT class and with Magoosh online system. However the Mock test didn't show any improvement to the diagnostic test. I was thinking today all day, maybe GMAT is not for me. And maybe I have to find other ways to develop my career. And than while searching about how people in the world are preparing I was linked to your post. And I read it complete. And I want to say THANK you. I now will recover from the latest frustrations and will start new the GMAT preparations. Your tips and advises absolutely impressive and I hope you acknowledge what you have done for many students with your blog post... Thank you very much and now it's up to me to beat the GMAT.

Certainty I will review more of the blog posts.

by asharma01 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 am
Congratulations for the result..!!

Here is the thing, i started my preparation on 26th Jan, 2017, and i gave the diagnostic test and scored 310(dont remember the quant and verbal score) and i know i have to study very hard to be in 700 club.
after reviewing the solutions, i got to know that i have to focus mainly on quant and i can manage verbal with practice.

And i have both OG 2017 edition and Manhattan GMAT 6th edition and am doing from both of them.

I have some questions so i thought to ask you:

1. if i get a question wrong, shall i go and check the explanation and move to next question or give that question another try to get know where i got worng(but then i think, if have already got that question wrong, i should go and check, what's right...?

2. if i get a question right, shall i move to next question and follows the same or check for the explanation the book have to solve this question(it might be time taking)....?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Ankit