640 - Q49 and V29 Kindly suggest if i have a chance

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am an indian male with a GMAT score of 640. Quant is 49 and verbal is 29. Do i stand a chance for good MBA programs in US? If yes then let me know what can i aim for.

I have a total experience of 31 month till date. Good acads, ok ok extra curricular activities.

Regards,
Rohit

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Monica Okrah » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 am
whoisrohit wrote:Hi,

I am an indian male with a GMAT score of 640. Quant is 49 and verbal is 29. Do i stand a chance for good MBA programs in US? If yes then let me know what can i aim for.

I have a total experience of 31 month till date. Good acads, ok ok extra curricular activities.

Regards,
Rohit
Thanks for your question Rohit. It is nearly impossible to evaluate your chances without knowing more about your profile in terms of your professional/community leadership and personal story. I will answer the concrete question on hand however. Your verbal score is very low. Do you think you could have done better? I ask because the score may raise a red flag about your English skills, so you might want to consider retaking the exam. As you evaluate target schools, you should also compare your GMAT score to the average GMAT of the recently admitted class. This will also give you a sense of where you stand. If you are significantly below the average, you can consider retaking the exam to boost the score (especially if there are other weaknesses in your application).

Best of luck!
Monica Okrah, Senior Consultant
MBA Mission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider’s Guides: www.mbamission.com/store.php
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php