4 weeks left

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

4 weeks left

by gmatguytoday » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 pm
Hey guys,

I just ordered the Powerscore CR bible, and MGMAT SC book today. I have right at about 4 weeks left to study before I take the big test. I have been scoring anywhere from 29 - 36 on verbal with most of my struggles coming from SC and CR.

Can anyone shed some light as to how long it takes to absorb the material from these books? My study schedule calls for 2 weeks of heavy verbal between now and July 17th (date of my test). 2 hours a night during the week and 4-6 hours on the weekends. I have gone through all of the SC questions in OG 12 and my hit rate was about 80%, as for CR hit rate on the first 75 questions or so around 80%, then a huge drop off from question 75 - 100 with a hit rate about 50%.

My study lately has been focused on PS and DS to get closer to 40 Q, and it seems while doing that, I have lost a little of my touch with the CR, hence my purchase this afternoon. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry if this is a jumbled mess, I'm at work, and have been typing this in between phone calls (I work in a call center).

Thanks for any input!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by DAYNE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 pm
it depends on how receptive you are to the information

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am
gmatguytoday wrote:Hey guys,

My study lately has been focused on PS and DS to get closer to 40 Q, and it seems while doing that, I have lost a little of my touch with the CR, hence my purchase this afternoon. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry if this is a jumbled mess, I'm at work, and have been typing this in between phone calls (I work in a call center).

Thanks for any input!
Personally, I'm a fan of doing some of all types of practice problems everyday as the test nears (I think a month is close enough), but concentrating more on one specific area- this way you don't lose what you've learned
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT