2013 Admission a Lost Cause?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

2013 Admission a Lost Cause?

by ricecracker » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm
Hi All,

As round 2 deadlines approach, I find myself in a difficult situation. I completely bombed my GMAT in December and am unable to retake the exam until late January. My question is, is there any hope to still be admitted to a school for this fall (assuming I do well on my retake)? I am very keen on getting into school this year for personal reasons and was wondering if there's still any chance of making this happen.

I am now narrowing my list to schools which offer 4 to 5 rounds (Cornell, IU, CMU, etc.), would applying to these schools still offer a decent chance compared to round 3 of most schools?

Also, how do international schools like Oxford and LBS treat round 3 applications?

I should be able to have my applications ready by the end of January, if you happen to know of any other good schools which have a later deadline where I won't be at such a huge disadvantage, I would love to hear them.

I'm quite anxious about my predicament and would be tremendously grateful for any insight you can offer. Thank you so much.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ricecracker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 am
Thank you so much for the response and the link! So am I safe in assuming that I am not at as large of a disadvantage at schools like LBS and Oxford in round 3 compared to U.S. schools? Many thanks again for any and all help.