108 TOEFL for HBS - Expert advice please!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:760

108 TOEFL for HBS - Expert advice please!

by hcueva » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am
A friend of mine (doesn't have a BTG account) just scored 108 in the TOEFL iBT. There's obviously not enough time for him to take it again before round 1 deadlines (breakdown was a 30, two 27's and a 24 in speaking).

He wrote to HBS and asked just how formal a rule it is to score 109+ and they replied "it is a guideline. Greetings".

What the hell does that mean? He's got a pretty decent V GMAT and the rest of his profile is competitive.

Is it worth it to take a shot with a 108, or is it too big a risk? Have you ever heard of anyone with a 108- getting into HBS?

Thanks in advance!
Visit my 2012 applicant blog --> https://mywaytohws.blocked/

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:37 pm
Hi

Tell your friend that its ok but he shouldnt take risk.

He should never be too tired to get his credentials excellent instead of being regret in the end.Don't give Harvard an excuse to put your application behind any other. Remember that the TOEFL score will never grant you admission but it could definitely take you out of the race.

I wouldn't rely on a chance of not being put out of race. Better do another test. Try everything you can, otherwise he might regret it!
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."