Would you learn probability + rates in last two weeks?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I only really need a 550 on the GMAT, although I'm aiming for a 600. I have most of the math concepts down and have done many OFG13 problems, but I have a bunch of them flagged (thanks BTG for the great prep chart!) that I need to spend significant time learning and reviewing.

I haven't spent any time learning probability or rates...should I spend a day or two learning the material, or is it worth it more to just keep practicing what I already know with only 12 days left as of tomorrow?

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this site, it's been a huge help and motivator over the past 2 months!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by theCEO » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm
DFritschy wrote:I only really need a 550 on the GMAT, although I'm aiming for a 600. I have most of the math concepts down and have done many OFG13 problems, but I have a bunch of them flagged (thanks BTG for the great prep chart!) that I need to spend significant time learning and reviewing.

I haven't spent any time learning probability or rates...should I spend a day or two learning the material, or is it worth it more to just keep practicing what I already know with only 12 days left as of tomorrow?

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this site, it's been a huge help and motivator over the past 2 months!
Practice what you don't know as well :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:17 am
DFritschy wrote:I only really need a 550 on the GMAT, although I'm aiming for a 600. I have most of the math concepts down and have done many OFG13 problems, but I have a bunch of them flagged (thanks BTG for the great prep chart!) that I need to spend significant time learning and reviewing.

If you need a score of 550 and you have limited time to prepare, I suggest that you focus on topics with the greatest return on investment (ROI). Probability and Counting questions are typically the least common question types, especially for students scoring in the 550-600 range. Rate questions are quite common, so you should devote some time to that topic.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com