Which programs have the youngest student population?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I see that most of the top programs have their average student age at around 27 or 28, is this typical across the board? Or are there programs that tend to skew more towards 25?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:58 am
I just got back from a study abroad at EGADE, in Monterrey Mexico. Most of the international students in the program were about 23, with a range of 21-24. 70% were French. Most were from top programs. It seems to me that European MBA students are younger than their American counterparts. So, if you are concerned about being able to enter an American MBA program young, you may want to look abroad to places like England, France, and Spain.

However, I think there is also some value in entering the work force for a few years, first. In my experience, going into my MBA program after already having a sense for real-world business issues really solidified my learning. The bschool decision is very personal, and unique to the individual.

I wish you the best,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

by robertpatrick » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:57 am
Thanks Tatiana!

by robertpatrick » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:05 am
Anyone have any idea why this is that European MBA students seem to be jumping the gun on the MBA, rather than accruing real world business sense first like us Americans?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:48 am
This article is interesting:
https://www.topmba.com/mbanews/article/y ... _a_number/

Sounds like American MBA programs are dropping their average admission age, while European programs are holding steady. Europeans are actually 3 years older than their American counterparts, so I guess my experience with younger European exchange students was atypical.

That said, it sounds like certain European programs are targetted toward younger students, called Junior MBAs. Check it out here:
https://www.mba-courses.com/mba_programmes_europe.htm

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep