What schools should I be looking at?

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

What schools should I be looking at?

by jeff91 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 pm
I did not do as well as I should have on the GMAT but because its so late I figure I should go ahead and apply for round 3 and if I do not get in I can retake the GMAT and work on the resume and application for the following year.

Gmat 660
GPA 3.33
4 years work experience 2 small i banks and Wells Fargo for 2 years as a relationship manager for High net worth clients. y letter of recs are from my old CEO and my Manager at Wells that I had for 2 years, both have nothing but great things to say about me.

I want to get into a top school but is it worth it to apply for round 3 with theses scores? I am at the lower 80% range of most the top 20 schools, what do you guys think? What schools? Right now I am thinking North Carolina, USC, Duke, University of Texas and was thinking about adding 1 or 2 stretch ones in too.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 am
Given that round 3 tends to be the most competitive of rounds, I think it will be extremely difficult for you to get admitted with a 660 GMAT. I would recommend that you use your resources to work on improving your GMAT score and getting another year of meaningful work experience before applying. Best of luck!
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options