What's wrong with me?!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

What's wrong with me?!

by DvdBonan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:05 pm
Hi there,

I am looking for some advice.

I am a Native English speaker, I am getting 46-49 on the quant portion but I keep getting 25-27 on the verbal section.

What can I do to improve this because I know I am not in the 35th-40th percentile in verbal. Is it just more and more practice or is there a course that is just for verbal that anyone would recommend?

For studying, I have used Veritas books as well as Aristotle Prep for verbal. I have gotten through the Manhattan Math portion and am going to look at the books but I doubt if Aristotle or Veritas helped me that Manhattan will...

Any advice?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 am
Is there any area in particular with which you are studying?
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by DvdBonan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm
Thank you for your reply Jim.

So I went through the Veritas (older version) and Aristotle prep for CR, and SC.... I didn't get through the RC portion of Veritas yet. I also have the Manhattan books that I will use. I found the Veritas questions relatively easy and helped me build some confidence - Aristotle were relatively tricky but towards the end I was grasping the majority of the concepts.

I find one of my biggest problems is focusing on the whole passage and responses for CR AND RC... not really sure what kind of help I can get for not being able to focus (no I do not have ADD)... the weird part is I spend 10-12 hours a day reading documents/focusing on details in spreadsheets all day so focusing on a small paragraph shouldn't be as big of challenge as it seems to be right now.