what are the chances of getting admission in R3 or nxt yr

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi...

I am from India and want to apply Fall 2011 session in MBA 2yrs in US, but I am taking GMAT on 23rd Dec 10.

Is probability of International students to get admission and to get scholarship is equivalently good if to apply in Round 3 in comparison with R 1 or R2 candidates or I should apply in next year for Fall 2012.

Plz revert back with your feedbacks.

aimkp

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members
GMAT Score:620

by Kaneisha Grayson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am
Hi Aimkp,

I would highly recommend that you take your test and then apply next year. You didn't mention having your essays done (or even started...) and rushing to meet the R2 deadline is a recipe for disaster. I actually took my GMAT in late December and scored a low 620, leaving me no time to take it again. However, I had already written all of my essays and said, "I'm 100% ready to go. 620 GMAT it is!" To my delight, I was admitted to the Harvard Business School class of 2010. However, this happy ending is an exceptional one--and one that was possible because I was already 100% done with the rest of my application.

Kaneisha
Harvard Business School MBA 2010, Harvard Kennedy School MPA 2010
Founder, The Art of Applying
Admissions Consulting for MBA, MPP, Joint Degrees, and Fellowships
https://theartofapplying.com

Want free advice that actually works? Sign up for my weekly MBA, MPP, and JD newsletter here: https://theartofapplying.com/newsletter/

My clients have earned over $3.1 million in fellowships from Harvard and other top MBA, MPP, and JD programs since 2010.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by aimkp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 pm
thanxs for reply..

I have not yet started with my essay, actually took my test on 2nd nov 10 but bombed in verbal with score 560 (Q-48 & V-20), inspite of getting avg score around 680 & v- 30 in practice tests manhattan & gmat prep. I wanted to finish up my GMAT asap as I m in flow of preparation and knew screwed up on test date due to stress factor

I am taking test on 30th Dec, is it fine then to apply for R1 in next year or there are some gud colleges who still consider international candidates in R3.

need feedback

aim kp