What a bad day .

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

What a bad day .

by Huss982 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 pm
I appeared for GMAT today , I got really crashed. I am so mad at myself and I don't know what to do. Any helps or suggestions would be really appreciated .
Guys i scored 300 which is considered to be an scary socre against the others scored that i have seen it in the exam day .
Anyway, i would be highly appreciated if someone could let me know what are the verbal books that i should focus on .. i have heard that MGMAT books are good .
Any help from anyone guys??? specially from the verbal side ( My English is my second language , Not an native Speaker ) .
Thank you in advance .
Hussein

by venubab » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm
Don't lose heart Hussein. English is my second language too, but i scored 41 (93 percentile)

Unfortunately, you can't be good at GMAT English overnight if you are a non-native speaker. You have to be an avid reader. Start reading articles from Economist (Economist.com) and read good non-fiction books on science, economics etc. Start reading a good English grammar book.

You should really improve your verbal score in 5-6 months if you follow this.

Hope this helps.

by Huss982 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 am
I do really appreciate your reply .
it gives me more motivation to seat and study again to kill this stupid test.
anyway i will let you know if i need further information from you in regards of the same matter.

Thank you.