Best Book/material

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Best Book/material

by rssread » Sat May 13, 2006 4:31 pm
I am not toooo good with grammer and quality Standard Written English. Knowing my profile please suggest the best/most effective book materail for me to do good in GMAT in Verbal section.

If there is any not too expensive online course any one wants to suggest please do so.

Thanks for all the help

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sat May 13, 2006 7:35 pm
I have two book recommendations for you: It is also in your interest to download Spidey's SC Guide and Sahil's SC Notes--both of which are available in the Sentence Correction area of this forum. Be sure to download my GMAT flashcards in the GMAT in General forum as well.

I think that this is a good start for you. Anyone else have suggestions for rssread?

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by dblazquez » Sun May 14, 2006 2:36 pm
My two cents:

- Manhattan SC,with the Official Guide and the Official Guide Verbal Review

By the way, note that the Manhattan Books do not have lots of questions, these books refer to the questions in the Official Guide, both the general review and the verbal review

If you run out of questions, you can always use those creepy 1000SCs :)

Daniel

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Manhattan GMAT is Awesome

by tngearhart » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:39 pm
I have been working through the Manhattan SC book. It's great at giving detailed explainations of the SC question types. I was particularly poor in Subject Verb Agreement and Past Perfect questions. I now feel like I have a better feel for these questions and the ability to improve in other areas.

I have used the math reviews from Manhattan as well. They are great companions to the OG 11th edition.