BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Profile Eval- MS in Accounting

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by musicious » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 pm
Hi, I realize this is an MBA forum but I'm hoping someone can help me in choosing graduate Accounting schools. Here's my projected info when I graduate in December:

BS in Accounting -University of Kansas
Overall GPA: 3.16
Professional(business courses) GPA: 3.87
Accounting GPA: 3.96
GMAT: 710 (Q47 V40 AWA 5)

My overall GPA is lower because I majored in Computer Engineering and Music Performance my first 2 years and struggled. Do you think it will hurt even though I have straight As the past 2.5 years?

I tried to get an accounting internship twice to no avail. The only job I had was office work with a temp agency one summer. My only extra-curricular activity is playing tuba/piano in the Wind Ensemble. However, since I'm applying for Accounting instead of an MBA I'm hoping experience isn't as much of a factor.

I only studied a few weeks for the GMAT and I'm positive I could get 740-60, but with only a couple months till application deadlines I don't think I have time to retake it. I realize a 710 isn't competitive at MBA programs, but It seems like the average GMAT for accounting applicants is lower so perhaps it could make up for my low GPA?

I'm from Illinois and my first choice is University of Illinois-Champaign Urbana with my safety school as Northern Illinois. Both are ranked in the Public Accounting Report Top25 Accounting Graduate programs.

I thought about Depaul and the University of Illinois at Chicago because their GMAT averages are higher than Northern, but they aren't ranked for Masters of Accountancy even though they have a good MBA program.

Other top 15 ranked programs I am considering are Texas, Southern California, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan State, Florida, Ohio State, Georgia, and Wisconsin. I will apply to 3-5 of those.

Can anyone give me any advice on my options? I have worked very hard in Accounting and did OK on the GMAT but I'm afraid my Engineering failures may hurt my chances at the top schools.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Lisa Anderson » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:43 pm
Dear musicious,

As you said, admissions for MS programs is quite different from MBA. I think you will present a strong profile for MS programs and encourage you to apply to the programs that you feel are the best match. It might be a slight negative you did not intern at a public accounting firm, but I'm not convinced that it is that much of a negative.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

by musicious » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:00 pm
Thanks for the reply! I tried getting an internship for last summer and this coming spring but even with a strong business GPA only 1 out of 15 employers called me for an interview and I wasn't hired. As a result I have to rely on professors for letters of recommendation.

If I retake the GMAT and score above 750 do you think that would make much of a difference over the 710 I have now?
Join the discussion

by Lisa Anderson » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 am
I don't think it will make a big difference on the decision if you increase your GMAT. 710 is a great score. Better to use that $250 on application fees. :)

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion