BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If a – b > a + b, where a and b are integers, which of the following must be true?

Expert replies
by BTGModeratorVI » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 am

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If a – b > a + b, where a and b are integers, which of the following must be true?

I. a < 0
II. b < 0
III. ab < 0

A) I only
B) II only
C) I and II
D) I and III
E) II and III

Answer: B
Source: Manhattan prep
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 am
If a – b > a + b, where a and b are integers, which of the following must be true?

I. a < 0
II. b < 0
III. ab < 0

A) I only
B) II only
C) I and II
D) I and III
E) II and III

Answer: B
Source: Manhattan prep
Simplify the inequality:
a – b > a + b
b<0

We know for certain that II is true.

We don't have info about the value of a. Hence, I cannot be derived.

For III ab can be positive or negative depending on the value of a. Since we don't know about a, III cannot be inferred.

Hence, B is the answer.
Join the discussion

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 am
If a – b > a + b, where a and b are integers, which of the following must be true?

I. a < 0
II. b < 0
III. ab < 0

A) I only
B) II only
C) I and II
D) I and III
E) II and III

Answer: B
Source: Manhattan prep
Simplifying, we have:

- b > b

0 > 2b

0 > b

Since there are no restrictions on a, it can take any value. Thus, we see that a < 0 need not be true (since a can be positive or zero) and ab < 0 need not be true either (since a can be negative or zero). Thus, only statement II must be true.

Answer: B

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion