BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If x is the product of three consecutive positive integers,

Expert replies
by BTGModeratorVI » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:28 pm
If x is the product of three consecutive positive integers, which of the following must be true?

I. x is an integer multiple of 3.
II. x is an integer multiple of 4.
III. x is an integer multiple of 6.

(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) I and II only
(D) I and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Source: Official Guide
Answer: D
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:28 pm
If x is the product of three consecutive positive integers, which of the following must be true?

I. x is an integer multiple of 3.
II. x is an integer multiple of 4.
III. x is an integer multiple of 6.

(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) I and II only
(D) I and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Source: Official Guide
Answer: D
Let's take each statement one by one.

I. x is an integer multiple of 3: Among any three consecutive integers, there is at least one integer that is a multiple of 3. True.

II. x is an integer multiple of 4: Not must be true. Example: 1, 2 and 3.

III. x is an integer multiple of 6: Among any three consecutive integers, there is at least one integer that is a multiple of 2 and there is at least one integer that is a multiple of 3. So, x is an integer multiple of 2*3 = 6. True.

The correct answer: D

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review

Locations: Manhattan Review Himayatnagar | GMAT Prep Hyderabad | GRE Prep Bangalore | Chennai GRE Coaching | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

BTGModeratorVI wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:28 pm
If x is the product of three consecutive positive integers, which of the following must be true?

I. x is an integer multiple of 3.
II. x is an integer multiple of 4.
III. x is an integer multiple of 6.

(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) I and II only
(D) I and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Source: Official Guide
Answer: D
----ASIDE---------------------
There's a nice rule says: The product of k consecutive integers is divisible by k, k-1, k-2,...,2, and 1
So, for example, the product of any 5 consecutive integers will be divisible by 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1
Likewise, the product of any 11 consecutive integers will be divisible by 11, 10, 9, . . . 3, 2 and 1

NOTE: the product may be divisible by other numbers as well, but the divisors (noted above) are guaranteed.
------------------------------

Since x = the product of three consecutive integers, the above rule tells us that x is definitely divisible by 3 and 2.
So statement I is true

Also, if x is divisible by 3 and 2, then x is also divisible by 6.
So statement III is true

What about statement II? Is x necessarily divisible by 4?
No. All we knows for certain is that x must be divisible by 2

For example it COULD beat the case that x = (1)(2)(3) = 6
Since 6 is NOT divisible by 4, we can see that statement II is not necessarily true

Answer: D

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion