BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If a, b, and c are integers and ab^2/c . . .

Expert replies
by VJesus12 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am
If a, b, and c are integers and ab^2/c is a positive even integer, which of the following must be true?

I. ab is even
II. ab > 0
III. c is even

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II
D. I and III
E. I, II, and III

The OA is A.

Experts, may you give me some help here please? It is a hard PS question to me.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

If a, b, and c are integers and ab^2/c is a positive even integer, which of the following must be true?

I. ab is even
II. ab > 0
III. c is even

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II
D. I and III
E. I, II, and III

The OA is A.

Experts, may you give me some help here please? It is a hard PS question to me.
Hi VJesus12,
Let's take a look at your question.

The question says,
$$\frac{ab^2}{c}>0$$
and
$$\frac{ab^2}{c}=even$$
$$ab^2=c\times even$$
When any number is multiplied by an even number, it will result into an even number as well. Therefore,
$$ab^2=even$$
ab^2 can be even if a or b or both a and b are even.
Hence, ab will be even.
Therefore, I is true.

Let's check if II is true or not.
The question says that,
$$\frac{ab^2}{c}>0$$
Which can be true even b is negative, therefore, ab > 0 will not be true for b < 0.
Hence, II is not true.

Let's check if III is true or not.
c can not be even in all cases because the given statement can be true for c = 1 and i is not even.
Hence, III is not true.

It means only I is true.
Therefore, Option A is correct.

Hope that makes sense.
I am available if you'd like any follow up.
GMAT Prep From The Economist
We offer 70+ point score improvement money back guarantee.
Our average student improves 98 points.

Image
Join the discussion

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 pm
If we've got ab² / c = even, then we've also got

ab² = c * even

That means that either a or b is even, since a * b * b = even. Once a or b is even, we know that even * any integer = even, so ab MUST be even.
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm
VJesus12 wrote:If a, b, and c are integers and ab^2/c is a positive even integer, which of the following must be true?

I. ab is even
II. ab > 0
III. c is even

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II
D. I and III
E. I, II, and III

The OA is A.

Experts, may you give me some help here please? It is a hard PS question to me.
We are given that (a*b^2)/c is a positive even integer. Therefore, a*b^2 must be even. (If a*b^2 is odd, (a*b^2)/c can't ever be even.)

Now recall that the product of an even number and any integer is even, so either a or b, or both, must be even. Thus we see that ab must be an even integer. However, ab DOES NOT have to be greater than zero, since a could be -2 and b could be 1. We could then let c = -1 to meet the requirement that (a*b^2)/c be a positive even integer. Finally, we see that c does not have to be even, since a could be -2, b could be 1, and c = -1. Thus, only Roman numeral I must be true.

Answer: A

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion