BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Looking for guidance regarding Masters/MBA choices

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by MBA.Aspirant.2020 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Greetings everyone!

Hope this message finds you well

I'm currently looking for guidance regarding my master's or MBA choices. I'm currently in a crossroads in my career, where I have two choices:

1) Continue working in my career, develop myself professionally by reading books and taking online business courses, alongside professional experience

Or

2) Take the leap and start a master's degree/MBA, which will allow me to develop my weak spots such as finance and accounting, be exposed to the latest thinking and trends in business, and develop myself as a well-rounded general manager. I also see the degree/MBA as an asset that will help me both personally and professionally.

However, I'm not sure whether it's the right step in my career now. Is it worth the time, investment, and opportunity cost? Also, given my age (33), should I apply for a full-time MBA or an Executive one?

I'm Male, 33 years, work as General Manager in the retail industry. I manage a cross-functional team across various business functions such as operations, logistics, merchandising, marketing and finance and accounting. My GPA from undergraduate was 3.57/4.00 (High Honors), and I studied abroad in the US and traveled to several countries. I'm passionate about traveling, history, music, learning, technology, and charity/social development.

I'm not sure about 3 things, which I was hoping an admission consultant can help me with:

1) Should I do the MBA now, or wait till later in my career? Given family circumstances and current economic recession, I think now is the right choice, but not sure if it's worth the investment and forging my salary for 1 year, or double the effort in case of an executive MBA.
2) Which format of the MBA is better for me? Full-time or Executive? Online isn't an option because I also want to make real professional connections while studying.
3) Which master's degree/MBA is the right choice? I see there are MBAs that offer a general management curriculum then electives where you specialize in your area of choice. There're also specialist master degrees that offer similar content, however, they focus more on one area such as marketing, entrepreneurship, finance...etc.

Which is the right choice?

Thank you in advance for helping
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:17 am
Hi there,
I recommend reading this article for more details on the various degrees and the comparison between them: https://aringo.com/mba-vs-emba-vs-mim/
Feel free to contact us for further consultation, good luck!
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young
Join the discussion

Hi MBA.Aspirant.2020, you may find this article about the ROI of an MBA helpful as well as this one about whether you're a good candidate for an Executive MBA. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!
Join the discussion

Hi,

We have written a blog on when you should consider an MBA vs a Masters degree - have a read here.
https://www.oneclickprep.com/is-it-an-mba/

It is a very important question and we think you have to look inwards to determine how keen you are to pursue breadth vs depth in your career - not backward looking about whether you can get in a course but more important what you want to achieve.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss more.
Indradeep
Director, OneClickPrep
https://www.oneclickprep.com
+61424853384 (WhatsApp or call)
Study in Australia - https://www.oneclickprep.com/study-and-w ... australia/
Watch our videos and blogs in https://www.oneclickprep.com/admissions-prep/
Using post MBA corporate and consulting experience to bring real world value to MBA Admissions
Join the discussion

Quick thoughts: At age 33, you're probably looking at an EMBA or part-time/fully-employed MBA. Why? Partly chances -- for top MBA programs, the curve begins to peter out after 30; partly fit -- you'll be with more people at your own level of experience.

Which program or format for you depends on a few other variables: what your goals are (career change? rapid progression in the same industry?), your preferred location (do you want to relocate for this? Do you have a preference between, say, college-town or big-city environments?), large or small programs, your tolerance for test-taking, your appetite for application risk, etc.

You would gain a lot from discussing these issues one-on-one with a professional admissions consultant, who can help steer you in the right direction. I'm a big fan of doing the MBA, and doing it now -- this year in particular is an ideal time to take a step out of the rat-race and immerse in a top business school!

Good luck,
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

MBA.Aspirant.2020 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Greetings everyone!

Hope this message finds you well

I'm currently looking for guidance regarding my master's or MBA choices. I'm currently in a crossroads in my career, where I have two choices:

1) Continue working in my career, develop myself professionally by reading books and taking online business courses, alongside professional experience

Or

2) Take the leap and start a master's degree/MBA, which will allow me to develop my weak spots such as finance and accounting, be exposed to the latest thinking and trends in business, and develop myself as a well-rounded general manager. I also see the degree/MBA as an asset that will help me both personally and professionally.

However, I'm not sure whether it's the right step in my career now. Is it worth the time, investment, and opportunity cost? Also, given my age (33), should I apply for a full-time MBA or an Executive one?

I'm Male, 33 years, work as General Manager in the retail industry. I manage a cross-functional team across various business functions such as operations, logistics, merchandising, marketing and finance and accounting. My GPA from undergraduate was 3.57/4.00 (High Honors), and I studied abroad in the US and traveled to several countries. I'm passionate about traveling, history, music, learning, technology, and charity/social development.

I'm not sure about 3 things, which I was hoping an admission consultant can help me with:

1) Should I do the MBA now, or wait till later in my career? Given family circumstances and current economic recession, I think now is the right choice, but not sure if it's worth the investment and forging my salary for 1 year, or double the effort in case of an executive MBA.
2) Which format of the MBA is better for me? Full-time or Executive? Online isn't an option because I also want to make real professional connections while studying.
3) Which master's degree/MBA is the right choice? I see there are MBAs that offer a general management curriculum then electives where you specialize in your area of choice. There're also specialist master degrees that offer similar content, however, they focus more on one area such as marketing, entrepreneurship, finance...etc.

Which is the right choice?

Thank you in advance for helping
Pursuing an MBA program at any point in your career depends on the goals you wish to achieve post-MBA. You want to transition into a different industry or want to reach C-suite positions. How doing it now will help you achieve those goals? First, figure this out and then go ahead.

After this, see your years of experience and the quality of experience and decide if you profile suits for a two-year MBA or an Executive MBA. You can also take a look at Part-time MBA programs that allow you to work part-time and reduce the overall costs. But this again depends on a number of factors like your career goals, your profile, ROI which you have to analyze for yourself.

Once you have decided which type of MBA you want to pursue, look for the schools and different MBA programs, the curriculum and decide which one fits your goals.

You may have known these points already but I have just put it out in a structured manner and would advise you to go step-by-step and read different blogs related to it.
Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Join the discussion