BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If positive integer 36y is divisible by 10, which of the

Expert replies
by VJesus12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:26 am

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If positive integer 36y is divisible by 10, which of the following must be true?

I. y^2 is divisible by 25.
II. y^2 is divisible by 100.
III. 3y/15 is an integer.

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. I and III only

[spoiler]OA=E[/spoiler]

Source: Veritas Prep
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:33 am
VJesus12 wrote:If positive integer 36y is divisible by 10, which of the following must be true?

I. y^2 is divisible by 25.
II. y^2 is divisible by 100.
III. 3y/15 is an integer.

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. I and III only

[spoiler]OA=E[/spoiler]

Source: Veritas Prep
Given that 36 is divisible by 10, we have y is divisible by 5.

Let's see each option one by one.

I. y^2 is divisible by 25: Since y is divisible by 5, we have y^2 is divisible by 25. Correct

II. y^2 is divisible by 100: From Statement I, we know that y^2 is divisible by 25, but we cannot be sure that y^2 is divisible by 100. Incorrect.

III. 3y/15 is an integer: Since ys is divisible by 5, 3y must be divisible by 15; thus, 3y/15 is an integer. Correct.

The correct answer: E

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep

Locations: GMAT Manhattan | GRE Prep Courses Boston | ACT Prep Courses San Francisco | Seattle IELTS Tutoring | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:47 pm
VJesus12 wrote:If positive integer 36y is divisible by 10, which of the following must be true?

I. y^2 is divisible by 25.
II. y^2 is divisible by 100.
III. 3y/15 is an integer.

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. I and III only

[spoiler]OA=E[/spoiler]

Source: Veritas Prep
We can create the following expression:

36y/10 = integer

18y/5 = integer

Since 18 is not divisible by 5, we see that y must be a multiple of 5.

Thus, Roman numerals I and III must be true.

Roman numeral II, on the other hand, does not have to be true. For instance, we see that y = 5 satisfies the hypothesis that 36y is divisible by 10; but y^2 = 25 is not divisible by 100.

Answer: E

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion